Lycée Leconte de Lisle – October 2015 Workshop
Day 4 : Talking about the past – Oral comprehension – What’s your favourite series ? – Musical parody (3/4)
- What did you do yesterday afternoon ? For how long ? How long have you been playing basketball ? What did you do yesterday afternoon ?
- What’s the story ? The Icing on the Cake (Oral comprehension)
- What is your favorite series ? Present it to your classmates. Presenting a document.
Day 3 : Talking about the past – Describing a picture – What’s your opinion on… – The Big Bad Wolf – Musical parody (2/4)
- Talking about the past (What time did you wake up this morning ? How long did it take to get here ?…)
- What can you see ? (series of black and white photographs)
- What’s your opinion ? Social networks and technological devices : Are they helpful with building relationships ? – Share your opinion
- The Big Bad Wolf is coming for…
Day 2 : Talking about the past – Tongue twisters – Phonetic transcription and reading – What’s your opinion on… – An animated story : Eyes on the stars – Musical parody (1/4)
- Talking about the past
- What’s your opinion ? Should people wear a helmet when they ride a bike in the city ?
Day 1 : Introduce Yourself – The phonetic alphabet – Transcription – Children’s participation with house chores : what’s your opinion ? – Tongue Twisters
Worksheets, notes and vocabulary
Homework : Choose a partner, and choose a song you will adapt and transform, as in the example below.
Original video : Taylor Swift – Style
Lycée Leconte de Lisle – March 2015 Workshop
Day 1 : Introduce Yourself – The phonetic alphabet – Transcription – Tongue Twisters – Listening comprehension : Jamaïcan songs
- Introduce yourself
- Worksheet 1 : Séance 1 – Fiche élève – Phonétique – Tongue Twisters – Day O
Correction Worksheet 1 : Séance 1 – Correction – Fiche élève – Phonétique
Wikipedia’s page on this song : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day-O_(The_Banana_Boat_Song)
The foot, as a unit of measure : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot_(unit)
Music genres : http://everynoise.com/engenremap.html – Day O is a traditional Jamaican song – Its genre is calypso.
Banana Boat Song – Notes and vocabulary
- Worksheet 2 : Séance 1 – Give me hope
Day 2 : Habits – Transcription Reading – Listening comprehension : The Atlantic Slave Trade (video) – Still I Rise (poem)
- What do you usually do at the week-ends ?
- What’s special today ? It’s Saint-Patrick’s Day.
If you want to know more :
- Transcription reading
- Lexical fields
- The Atlantic Slave Trade
If you want to know more :
- And Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Day 3 : Food – Would you eat insects ? – Why are some people vegetarians ? – Organic food vs industrial food – Still I Rise / Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- What do you usually have for breakfast ?
- Would you eat insects ?
- Why are some people vegetarians ?
If you want to know more about paganism : http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/paganism/
- Organic food vs industrial food / Homemade food vs fast-foods
- Maya Angelou
A tribute to Maya Angelou.
OWN = Oprah Winfrey Network
- Major figures of the fight for equal rights